10.10.2009

Where the Wild Things Are and More Printable Paper Puppets

The best part about children's books being made into movies is all the resources and curriculum ideas that get produced to promote or adulate the flick. Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are has always been one of my favorite books, so I was excited when I found out it was being made into a film.
Today, you should check out Toy-a-Day's fantastic printable Wild Things 3D puppets.

Just print the templates for Max and the Wild Things, cut, fold, et voila! Students can retell the events of the book with a puppet show. Then they can create new adventures for Max and his wild companions.

Also check out Toy-a-Day's LONG list of other printable characters for more storytelling fun. I couldn't resist this smurf, as my yard is full of mushrooms. Students will have at least as much fun setting scenes and planning lines for these adorable characters.

Images from Toy-a-Day and my yard.

1 comment:

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

These look fun. And yes, it will be interesting to see how they make a movie out of this all-time favorite book.