3.12.2011

Origami Yoda

A few days ago, I wrote about the Texas Bluebonnet Reading List.  One of the books included on the 2011 list is The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger, an illustrated novel about school, preteen dances in the cafeteria, and taking advice from a fortune-telling paper Star Wars character.

At the Origami Yoda site, Angleberger is offering a free signed Origami Yoda to anyone who sends a self-addressed stamped envelope and a nice note.
This offer reminds me of the Free Stuff for Kids book I had in elementary school. I spent lots of afternoons writing off for stickers and other freebies by mail.  Today, I mailed off this photo of my husband who loves Yoda.  Now, I am excitedly waiting to receive our very own Yoda from Angleberger.

This would be fun activity to build anticipation before reading the book.  Students, who tend to be more familiar with digital communication methods, will also benefit from practice writing and addressing a traditional letter.

No comments: